The Flintstones is an animated, prime-time American television sitcom that ran from 30 September 1960 to 1 April 1966 on ABC. It ran for six seasons and one hundred sixty-six episodes.
William Hanna and Joseph Barbera created the series. Produced by Hanna-Barbera, The Flintstones was set in the Stone Age town of Bedrock. This is a fantasy version of the past, featuring dinosaurs, and other long-extinct animals co-existing with cavemen. Their world is reminiscent of the contemporary America, with the exception that their technology is made entirely from pre-industrial materials and largely powered through the use of various animals. For example, the cars are made out of stone, wood, and animal skins, and powered by the passengers' feet.
- Fred and Wilma appear in a drive-in movie in "A Jetson Christmas Carol".
- The worlds of The Flintstones and The Jetsons did finally collide in The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones, a TV movie that first aired in syndication in 1987.
- George appears in the video game, The Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy in 1991.
- Fred and George switch places in the video game, Flintstones Jetsons Time Warp in 1994.
- There were also several crossovers in comics.